[Scottish] Thursday 30th January 2014

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Wed Jan 22 00:11:40 UTC 2014

Hey All!

Happy New Year!

It's that time of month again. The next meeting will be on Thursday 30th
January at the usual Spot, the Electron Club in the CCA. [Open Street
Map]<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/60085920>
.
We should be kicking around the Electron Club around 7:30PM on Thursday.
(Mini)-Launch Party

*Home Media*

This month, rather than the usual format, where the meeting is focused
around a guest speaker - this month we will be trying something a little
different.

This month we hope to get everyone involved in trying out a few of the Home
Media Centre options out there in the open source world.

With the recent boost in interest in systems like XBMC, Plex, Plasma Media
Centre, etc - we will be taking some time to demo these and see what works,
what doesn't and what could be improved!

Any suggestions on apps to try out are more than welcome!

*Open Source and Q&A*

As always, we're going to have a 20 minute session at the end for a
Linux or Open Source Q&A session. It is our hope that you can use this time
work on/ with a project that you’re really passionate about, if not get
advice
on how to go about doing this.

We'll be adjourning to the CCA bar afterwords for more of a chat and a bit
of
a chill-out

As always, for more information – you can visit the website at
www.scotlug.org.uk.

Hope to see you all there!