[Scottish] OWASP West Scotland Introductory meeting

Rory McCune rorym at nmrconsult.net
Tue Mar 4 19:44:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Hopefully this isn't off topic (apologies if it is), but I thought I'd drop
a note in about a meet-up happening in Glasgow next week.  OWASP (The Open
Web Application Security Project) has had a chapter in Scotland for a
while, but up until now the meetings have been in Edinburgh.  This year
we're branching out and having meetings in Glasgow as well.

Whilst OWASP is mainly associated with web app security, we usually have
pretty wide ranging talks on anything kind of Security related (past ones
have included everything from lockpicking to incident response to
cryptography).

For the opening meeting I'm doing a talk introducing what OWASP is and how
it can be of help/use and we've also got a talk on ActiveX security

More details and sign-up here
http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/owasp-scotland-west-introductory-meeting-tickets-7942788093

Cheers

Rory