[Scottish] Window manager for tablet?

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at ntlworld.com
Mon May 5 20:49:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for WM which will be usable on a tablet
(i.e. small screen) VNCing onto a Linux box.

Really I want to run all my apps full screen without the expense of a
menu bar. Although most tiling WMs allow this, it's rather difficult to
do alt+tab with no keyboard! Hence I'd want something with a
conventional task bar and a launcher would be nice too (not least so I
can write an app to switch the 'mouse' buttons). Thus far the only
taskbars/launchers I've seen for tiling WMs are very minimal (and very
small to poke with my fat digits).

I usually use KDE: my ideal solution would be to get rid of the window
decorations / force stuff to run full screen.

Anyone got any suggestions?

TIA

C.