[Scottish] Vacancy - The Register - Perl dev/sysadmin

gordonjcp at gjcp.net gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Tue Nov 25 12:12:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:05:29PM +0000, Colin Speirs wrote:
> At present Scotland it has met a 31% renewable target and is working to 50%

Today it is flat calm, and from my vantage point I can't see a single turbine turning in Forth, Clyde or Kelvin areas.  So that's not a hell of a lot of renewable power being generated, is it?

There's a bloody great plume of steam from Longannet though, you can see that for miles.  So there's a whole load of carbon dioxide, water vapour and radioactive particles being pumped out - and it'll stay that way until we actually start addressing our power requirements.

More and more of our unspoilt mountains are being hacked up to put in wind turbines and pylons.  Presumably if 50% of our energy is going to come from renewables, the other 50% is going to come from strapping magnets to John Muir and using him spinning in his grave to power a generator.

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ