[Scottish] Vacancy - The Register - Perl dev/sysadmin

gordonjcp at gjcp.net gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Tue Nov 25 12:48:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:31:03PM +0000, Colin Speirs wrote:
> There's more to renewable than wind
>
> Tidal & flow too.
>
> And storage of power is possible now & the tech is getting  better
>
> Yes availability of rare earths is an issue but so are rafioactivez

We've got more fissionable material than we know what to do with.  "Spent" fuel in the horribly outdated reactors that we currently have isn't any more than 5% burnt - and we call that "waste"!

Even supposing we ban all mining today, we would never, ever run out of stuff to run fast breeder reactors on in the UK, with what's piled up in "waste storage".

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ