[Scottish] Oct Meet, Thurs 30th

William Nelson wnelson at geeksoc.org
Sun Oct 19 02:38:55 UTC 2014

Hello,

[Taking over for the announcement this month from Kenny due to holidays,
I present mostly his prepared words for your enjoyment]

Our next meeting will be on Thursday 30th October at the usual spot, the
Electron Club in the CCA. We should be kicking about the Electron Club
around 7:00PM on Thursday.

This month is our annual student welcome event, where we've got members
from different local student computing groups coming to tell us about
what they do.

So far we have confirmed:

Glasgow University Technology Society
Glasgow Caledonian Ethical Hacking Society
Strathclyde Geek Society
There may be more to come!

Open Source and Q&A as always, we’re going to have a 20 minute session
at the end for a Linux or Open Source Q&A session. It is our hope that
you can use this time to work on/ with a project that you’re really
passionate about, if not get advice on how to go about doing this.

We will be adjourning to a local bar afterwards, the exact location to
be confirmed on the night as we need to check on availability of space
at the CCA Bar.

As always, for more information – you can visit the website at
www.scotlug.org.uk.

Hope to see you all there!

Will and Kenny