[Scottish] ScotLUG - January 22nd 2015

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Mon Jan 19 20:47:23 UTC 2015

Hey all!

*A quick reminder *that ScotLUG is this coming Thursday at the usual Spot,
the Electron Club in the CCA. We should be kicking around the Electron Club
around 7:00PM.

This month we’ve got a talk by Fred Crowson on about his favourite project:
OpenBSD.ScotLUG is happening a little earlier this month as a number of us
wont be available the week later.

*Building redundant & transparent firewalls with OpenBSD.*
Building Transparent Firewalls with CARP and pf on OpenBSD: a practical
introduction to building redundant firewalls for the practically paranoid.

Open Source and Q&A As always, we’re going to have a 20 minute session at
the end for a Linux or Open Source Q&A session. It is our hope that you can
use this time to work on/ with a project that you’re really passionate
about, if not get advice on how to go about doing this.

We will be adjourning to a local bar afterwards, the exact location to be
confirmed as we need to check on availability of space at the CCA Bar.

As always, for more information – you can visit the website at www.scotlug
.org.uk.

Hope to see you all there!