ScotLUG Next Week

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Fri Nov 22 17:28:37 UTC 2019

Hi Folks,

With our next meeting coming up on Thursday next week, we're looking for a
main talk for the night. I'm wondering if anyone on the list would be
interested, or knows someone who is interested in presenting a talk to the
LUG?

During our planning session earlier in the year, we had discussed the idea
of running guided conversations on some nights, rather than talks. We came
up with a list of topic ideas:

   - Data visualisation (matplotlib, bokeh, altair)
   - Embedded Linux
   - *BSD
   - Low Level walkthrough from boot screen to working desktop
   - What does the Kernel actually do?
   - LoRa, including licensing implications.
   - Open Data in Scotland, for example: https://data.glasgow.gov.uk/dataset
   - How to answer 'what filesystem would you like to install'

This, of course, is a limited list, if you have another idea, please let us
know.

Let me know your thoughts. If you have never given a talk or are fairly
seasoned at doing so, you're more than welcome!

Thanks,
Kenny.