ScotLUG :: 28th May 2020 :: Introduction to Rust

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Wed May 13 19:54:09 UTC 2020

Hi Folks!

The next ScotLUG meeting will be on Thursday 28th May. This month, we have
Chris Zimmerman presenting a talk, introducing the Rust language.

This presentation will be a short introduction to this up-and-coming system
language aimed at high performance and parallel computing. After a short
overview, the main language concepts are described followed by an outline
of the ecosystem of the language (including the package management, build
system, etc.). Time permitting, the presentation concludes with an example
of a simple web server followed by Q&A.

I will send details of our BigBlueButton room to our mailing list and IRC
Channel on the day of the event

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Thanks,
Kenny.