[Sderby] RE:SuSE

sderby@mailman.lug.org.uk sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 27 21:48:00 2002

Mike

You should have all the C++ bits and pieces you need as part of the SUSE8
install. The install process uses  gcc (i.e the GNU C++ compiler) to build
the linux kernel, so if you have a working system you have gcc with all its
headers and libraries. Most problems in running C++ arise from the fact that
within the editor the environmental variables have not been set up properly.
In this case you will get errors when you compile because gcc is not looking
in the correct directories for the headers,libraries etc.

I am still making the transition from Microsoft C++ to gcc so I wont be much
help on the specifics of the set up process.

Hope this helps.

Andre