[Sderby] Next meetings - anyone using KSirc?

chris sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 11 21:15:01 2002

Despite the various helpful suggestions - thanks, btw - I still can't
get ksirc to connect :-( .  Ashley mentioned firewall settings.  Well,
err...  I installed Shorewall a few weeks ago when I got this cable
modem, but haven't configured it.  Would it run on default settings?

I've used the 'ps' command to get a list of running processes, and could
see no reference to it.  On the other hand, the 'params' file contains a
'noping' setting, which could be blocking ksirc.  So I'm confused (again
!! :-[ ).

Sorry if this is a bit 'abc..' for more advanced 'luggers', but any
suggestions would be welcomed.

Chris