[Sderby] Suse

mark wilkes sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 6 22:47:01 2002

Hi Guys

My network is finally up and running, after replacing a faulty power supply
which was halting progress I have managed to configure the network for now
as a workgroup / peer to peer.
I have only been able to do this using win98 and static IP addresses.
Linux suse8 will not connect to the other 2 computers running win98 and I
presume the reason for this is I need additional s/w to resolve the
incompatibility of the operating systems.
I would like to configure my suse box as a primary domain server / file &
print server with a big hard drive and 256+ ram to run most applications and
games etc for the client pc's.  (This will also be used to store all my
downloaded data from the internet when I get broadband).
Anyway,  why is suse not working ? Do I need to re-install it and configure
as a domain server ? Can I not do this now using yast2 ? Do I need to
purchase additional s/w ?

Any help would be great.
Thanks Mark.