[Sderby] Introduction

Dominic Knight sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 7 19:14:00 2002

On Monday 07 October 2002 14:57, Scott M Bradley wrote:
> Hello

Hi,
> I just joined the list, seems to be quite quiet.

Ssshh! Careful not to wake them ;)

> Anyway, I work at University of Derby in IT Services, the Network
> Operations Team.  I've come from a mainly Novell and Windows desktop
> background, but I'm being exposed to Unix (Tru64, Solaris) and Linux
> (RedHat) on a daily basis.
>
> I'm hoping I can learn a trick or two and maybe go for for my Red Hat
> certification.
>

> Can you tell me a little more about the least and your meetings.
>

> Thanks
>

> Scott

Next meeting this Sunday from 2PM details on the website (see sig file)
We should be finishing of the C programming course preparatory to C++=20
and I think Mike proposes something about smoothwall/networks thingy,=20
see Mike for details, plus of course our usual install/config=20
assistance. No costs involved in coming along of course, tea/coffee=20
available, disabled access etc.

I pass the buck on RHCerts other than to say I would hope to be able to=20
offer some such service via the Lug buildings at some point.

Regards,
Dom.