[Sderby] Introduction

David Jolley sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 9 23:15:00 2002

* Mini Mike (hemstock@tiscali.co.uk) wrote:
> In the ye olden days, we used to have weekly meetings at the Thirsty Scholar.
> These died due to lack of interest!  If people are interested in getting
> weekly meetings going again would anyone be interested in pub nights?  It's a
> good night to dicuss projects, general problems, pub names to faces (for
> those  who have trouble getting to Moira), etc.  It also helps remind us that
> we are South Derby LUG, not Leicester LUG!!!  Let me know what you think.

So, I guess this is the time to delurk and declare an interest?
Quick intro:  C/C++ (Windows, sadly, but you've got to meet the rent
somehow) programmer of 8 years professionally, but nearly 20 as an
amateur. I've recently moved to Derby from Northampton, where I was a
member of the NLUG, so I guess I've now been in LUGs both sides of
Dominic, who's name seems eerily familiar, so I guess he's active on
the NLUG too...

I'd be interested in meeting up with you all, preferably in a pub at
some point...  And I've noticed a prevalence of Banks' pubs too -
we're not too far away from Wolverhampton so it should travel well.
One of those, then :)

Is every week a little optimistic, though?  Wouldn't every fortnight
be slightly more maintainable over a longer period of time?

Just my tuppence.

Cheers,

Dave.

--