Fwd: Re: [Sderby] networking

David Jolley sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Oct 24 22:47:00 2002

* David Bottrill (david.bottrill@ntlworld.com) wrote:
> Re-sent as the last time I sent this it didn't seem to arrive.
>
> By the way, once I recover from a PSU failure that trashed both hard disks,
> the DVD and CDRW drives, I will be in a position to start knocking out a few
> CD copies, I even have a few M$ cd's that may be useful.

Sounds nasty - hope you recover from that disaster soon.

I hope those Microsoft CDs aren't illegal copies.  This *is* a Linux
mailing list, so Microsoft are the enemy, but that's no reason to
start laying yourself open to copyright violation prosecution, or
theft, as they like to call it.  But that's a different story and one
perhaps for the courts...

Particularly daft to offer unlawful copies in a public forum :)

But I'm sure they are just CDs for installing Internet Explorer, and
related patches and OS service packs, yes?

Cheers,

Dave.

--
Pieces of seven! Pieces of seven!