[Sderby] Time

Mini Mike sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Oct 27 09:28:01 2002

Never really looked into this, but I imagine there will be a command to s=
et=20
the system clock from one of the internet time servers.  You could then k=
ick=20
this command off every 15 mins with cron.  A quick google reveals a coupl=
e of=20
commands, xntp, which has many bellls and whistles and timed.  From what =
I=20
can gather, xntp syncs against a time server and also uses ping times to=20
account for the time taken for the request to reach the client!!!  Timed =
runs=20
on a number of machines and tried to work out the average time.  It also=20
seems there is a master/slave config.  This may not be 100% accurate as I=
've=20
only had a quick look, but I'm sure it's where you'll find the answer.

Mike.=20