[Sderby] Windows, Samba and printing.

Dominic Knight sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 5 18:34:00 2002

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 08:53, Dominic Knight wrote:
> Anyone know how to turn off an extra form feed sent when samba prints f=
rom
> the windows systems. The Linux server is using a BSD print spooler.

I should probably have mentioned this is on SuSE 8.0. So far I have tried=
 ff=3D=20
and sf=3D"true" in etc/printcap and suppress_raw_formfeed=3D"yes" , on a =
wild=20
whim I had to try this in lpd.conf as I don't have apsfilter in SuSE8, wh=
ile=20
it didn't choke, it didn't help either, any other ideas or have I not don=
e=20
these bits correctly.
This may or may not be related but, if I pipe a file to lpr it just print=
s a=20
pretty chameleon, hmmm wonder if that's both a banner page and a clue,=20
something else to look into tomorrow anyway.

Dom