[Sderby] OpenOffice 1.0

tony martin sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 5 23:52:01 2002

--------------010006080507010909000704

I thought htere was only one Linux Virus?

Tony

astraguy wrote:

>Hi All,
>I wonder if the problem with open office is a virus
>there is a very nasty one about that you pick up
>with your mail box and it makes your computer
>programs eractic and slowes your computer
>down, Just a thought that may help.
>Mike.

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I thought htere was only one Linux Virus?<br>
Tony<br>
astraguy wrote:<br>
 cite="mid001801c254b6$1c4ec2e0$8561893e@oemcomputer">
  <pre wrap="">Hi All,
I wonder if the problem with open office is a virus
there is a very nasty one about that you pick up
with your mail box and it makes your computer
programs eractic and slowes your computer
down, Just a thought that may help.
Mike.

I installed OpenOffice successfully under SuSe 7.2. However it won't
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->run,
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">simply producing the banner screen when I launch it from KDE. If I type
soffice into a Terminal window, I get the banner again and a message
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->which
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">says something like "X window system does not support LC en eur" + a lot
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->of
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">other nonsense. My guess is that it doesnt like the fact that I have
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->chosen
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">English as my base language and maybe it can't find a euro symbol.
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->Whatever
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">the whole thing aborts. Does this mean that I need a more up to date
version of XFree86 (current version is 4). If so, is there an easy way
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->to
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">do it from KDE or SuSe, since I have a copy of 4.1.0 on a cover disk and
the instructions for use are horrendous. Any advice welcomed.
Cheers Dave C.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I can loan you the SuSE 8.0 cd's if you want to go for the full update.

Dom

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->