[Sderby] ISP Recommendations

sderby@mailman.lug.org.uk sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 29 19:26:01 2002

Ashley

I am running HomeHighway and using Freeserve as an ISP. I previously used
BTinternet but their service was poor and it is noticeably slower than the
service from Freeserve. I know that Freeserve leased a lot of cheap capacity
off Energis ( the National Grid telco subsidiary). I don't use compression
on ISDN but I do use a router and a linux box as a proxy server. This gives
the illusion of increased speed by caching bits of pages that don't change
frequently.

Andre