[Sderby] kppp permissions etc

david joseph sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 30 20:06:01 2002

I'm a new Linux user, and having some success (recently got internal
conexant HCF pci modem up and running)
but I'm tearing out my hair (what little remains of it) trying to get
kppp to run without having to enter root password from my user desktop.
I've tried all the obvious permissions and users (via chown and chusr
from bash shell etc)
also looked at pam.... but no success. I'm running Red Hat 7.3 and KDE
desktop. Didn't have this problem with SuSE 7.2 (yes that's right like
everyone else I'm working my way through the distributions) I'd be
grateful for any help or ideas. Managed to solve just about everything
up to now but this has me stumped.

Thanks, David Joseph