[Sderby] Getting Realplayer plug-in working in Mozilla

James Carter sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 11 20:44:01 2003

Hi

I have managed to get the plugin to work, I found this note on the web
It might help anyone else who is having problems:

"The plugin does work, it's just a pain to figure out!! lol.
I am running Debian Linux and what I had to do was copy the files
rpnp.so and raclass.zip to my netscape plugins folder.
The files rpnp.so and raclass.zip are in the root directory of realplayer.
For me that was in /usr/local/RealPlayer8.
This was a strainge location since i thought they would be in Plugins,
but they were not.
Anyway, after copying these files to /usr/local/netscape/plugins, it
detected the plugins, and I got the Netscape Radio sampler to work.
I didn't even have to exit out of netscape first.
The install script for the plugin did NOT work, and probably doesn't
work for a lot of other people either.
Hope this resolves anyone's issues.
To verify the plugin is installed, you can type "about:plugins" without
quotations in the address bar and it should show an entry for rpnp.so."

James