[Sderby] DHCP and TFTP problem

Patrick Barber patrick.barber at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 18:49:01 GMT 2003

ok.. here is a an extract from my /etc/dhcp.conf

<snip>
# Win2k/LTSP workstation
host hera {
        next-server 192.168.2.101;
        filename "/lts/2.4.22-ltsp-2/pxelinux.0";
        hardware ethernet 00:50:8b:db:82:6d;
        fixed-address 192.168.2.102;
        }
</snip>

as you can see, it is also giving it a file name to boot (this is an LTSP
client), and a server to boot from. The server to boot from is NOT my DHCP
server.

The DHCP server is passing along the correct ip address for the TFTP server
this is shown during the boot process but

However when booting, and running TCPDUMP, the workstation is arping and
requesting tftp file from my DHCP server, not from my TFTP server.

any ideas?

thanks
--
<regards>
Patrick Barber
email: patrick.barber at tiscali.co.uk

Registered Linux User #332139

<thought>
Is the light at the end of the tunnel an on coming train
</thought>

</regards>