[Sderby] 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g PC Card (3CRWE154G72)

David Bottrill david at bottrill.org
Thu Dec 25 20:26:16 GMT 2003

On Thursday 25 December 2003 20:00, roger.shone at btinternet.com wrote:
> Does anyone out there have one of these cards up and running on linux?
> I've upgraded my laptop to Fedora Core 1 (broadband has finally hit Walton
> on Trent!) and following a post on linuxquestions.org I downloaded various
> files from www.prism54.org but have so far struggled to get the driver up
> and running. If anyone could help me I would be grateful.

Roger,

Try http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/ they have a program that allows you
to use the windows 54G driver within Linux. Their driver acts as a wrapper to
the windows driver. According to the site they have just released support for
for the 3com device.

One of the list members already has this working with a Linksys 53G card so it
does work.

AFAIK the 2.6 Linux kernel should support the prism2 derived 54G cards but
it's very early days.

--
David Bottrill

Registered Linux user number 330730