[Sderby] Autonegociatiing NICs

David Jolley sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 22 13:14:01 2003

* Mini Mike (hemstock@tiscali.co.uk) wrote:
> Does anyone know how to override the autonegociation between NICs &
> hubs/switches in Linux?  I have a card which isn't autonegociating properly
> and I want to force it to 100Mbps full duplex.

Depends on your net card.  Google for your net card's module and the
words "module options".  It may or may not show up, but if you're in
any doubt, the options for your net module are canonically described
in the module's documentation, found in the kernel source
Documentation/networking directory.

For my 3c59x driver, I use options=0x204 - full duplex 100Mbps.

Your options *will* be different, there's no standard for specifying
this sort of thing :(

Cheers,

Dave.

--