[Sderby] 3D duel head

David Jolley sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 22 14:54:02 2003

* Mini Mike (hemstock@tiscali.co.uk) wrote:
> Your right it was a rather crap explanation!  The primary display adapter is
> an AGP GeForce 2 MX-400 64Mb card attached to a 19" HP A4033A montior.  The
> secondry is a PCI GeForce MX 32Mb card attached to a 15" CTX1451 monitor.  It
> was setup usuing SAX on SuSE 8.1.

So not a dual-head card then...

I reckon you're best off with the dual X server setup, whereby you set
up another X server to be on the AGP GeForce, but not enable Xinerama
on it, then when you want 3D acceleration, you switch to *that* X
server.  It may or may not work, but I'd try this if I were in your
position.

Cheers,

Dave.

--