[Sderby] Dialling in to internet

Ashley Heath sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 11:50:00 2003

It looks like a permissions problem, make sure you have read/write permissions to /dev/ttyS? where ? is the number that relates to your modem
to check cd into /dev
if a symbolic link is set up for the modem typing ls -l modem should show you which ttyS? device points to your modem
make sure it has permissions 660 (rw for user and group) then make sure your user is in the correct group, on my 8.1 installation the group is uucp

Ash