[Sderby] PERL again!

Mini Mike sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 17:06:00 2003

Hi all,

I'm currently writing a PERL script to analyse log files from Legarto bac=
kup=20
server.  What I want to do is find the failures, which are idenified by a=
=20
line with "Unsuccessful save sets" then a blankish line, then the fialure=
s=20
then another blank line.  What I'm thinking of doing if none has a better=
=20
idea is searching for "unsuccessful save sets" finding the line number an=
d=20
the adding one and extracting a line at a time for analysis until a blank=
=20
line, what I need to find out how to do is how to find the line number of=
 the=20
line and how to extract lines given their number.

Thanks,
Mike.