[Sderby] Email etiquette

Dominic Knight sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 15 00:22:01 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 21:58, Tony Martin wrote:
> mike@aurigaonline.co.uk wrote:
> >When posting new topics to the list, please, please, please start a
> > NEW message.  Please do not reply to an exisiting email and change
> > the subject line as the list managemnt software still thinks that
> > this is part of the existing thread and promptly screws up the
> > archive!
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Mike.

> Cheers, never knew that. How does it know. Is there hidden parts of
> the message?
> Tony

Lots of hidden bits. As well as setting your ID automatically so you can=20
be traced, it includes threading details for archive purposes, the ID=20
of the mail replied to etc. You can also include headers that will=20
prevent your mail being archived by automated software, have fun with=20
friends etc, look back through some of the headers of my mails over the=20
last months to see where I've been playing around (Eric watchers, no=20
archive).

Dom.