[Sderby] Getting into the IT sector

sderby@mailman.lug.org.uk sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 22 16:34:01 2003

does anyone here have any advice for me about getting a job in IT?

i've got a degree in cybernetics, which is basically useless because noone has
heard of it. it covered a wide range of things, but mainly concentrated on
control systems and web based programming.

i have knowledge of linux, web programming in php and java, databases, all
versions of windows(dont hate me, i cant help it), TCP/IP networks and general
PC hardware, though none of it is paid experience, so it doesn't count when i'm
applying for jobs.

i need to get some experience before i can get a job, but i need a job to get
experience. oh well, lifes a bitch.

TIA for your time and help

Ian Spratt
Office Dogsbody