[Sderby] Junk mail, lets get our own back 8)

Tony Martin sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 23 18:30:01 2003

Thanks for taking the time, I shall have a good look through these ideas
most of which seem to make sense on a quick wizz through.  The emails I
have got  recently have been from Yahoo or other similar email
providers. They only have a small storage capacity which should not be
hard to fill up, blocking any unsuspecting punters from being caught and
annoying the spammer. I take your point about using bandwidth, but
perhaps the overall effect will be to lower spam if these people get a
quick and strong response. If everyone emailed straight back and blocked
them there would be no point in them doing it and so this problem will
go away.
As for other types of email I am sure your suggestions are the better
solution, but maybe for this type of  thing this method may work. I
don't have much time and also suffer from carpel tunnel syndrom so can
do limited typing.

Thanks again, and I shall have a good look through.

Cheers
Tony