[Sderby] Knoppix - An interesting idea

Jak Carr sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 27 14:56:04 2003

David

Having messed around a little with remote boot pc's in the past, I
started looking at EtherBoot, PXE, PXELinux etc, then spotted this:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3&highlight=pxe

Untried, but if it works, gets around the CD problem. It looks like
people are seeing different levels of success tho...

No changing the local HDD, no worries with CD, just find out what NIC's
are in the PC's, get the relevant dsk and away... heh.

Admittedly, this is all a bit rich coming from someone that hasn't even
SEEN the lab... so apologies as applic....

;-)

Hope this is of some use.

Jak