[Sderby] Radio licences

Andy Davidson sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 6 09:40:00 2003

At 22:03 04/06/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Although each packet radio modem has only a limited range,
>many places (such as Derby University I think) run packet radio
>repeaters, so you can get access to a very big network with a lot
>of users all over the UK.

More like a Bulletin Board, than a traditional radio repeater.

It was a flagging community when I was involved in the mid-90s, I wonder if
there has been a revival ?  The most fun thing was the global message
conferencing system which worked a lot like fidonet, a little like usenet.

(Takes me back to fun days when I used to post from GX7TWV through
GB7HUL.  Sob.)

--
Regards, Andy Davidson
<andy@nosignal.org>