[Sderby] The problem...

Mike Hemstock sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 12 18:21:02 2003

Dear all,

I am trying to connect a Linux desktop to a corperate network (ask no=20
questions!)  There are windblows file and print servers as well as an m$=20
(virus) exchange server.  The windblows shares can be accessed via Samba =
and=20
the (virus) exchange server can be access via IMAP and LDAP.  The problem=
 is=20
that I want to be able to automount the shares at boot time/KDE logon and=
=20
save the IMAP password.  Nornally this is delt with via NT Challenge/Resp=
onse=20
from the windblows client.  However, now it's all stored in config files,=
 so=20
when I change my password I have to change the password for my mailbox,=20
public folders, LDAP and the smb mounts.  I get the machine to validate l=
ogon=20
to the windblows DC via pam_smb.  However, the question is: Is it possbil=
e to=20
get the varous programs (mail client, smbmount. etc) to get the password=20
validated at logon and automatically present that to whatever may require=
 it? =20
Hope this all makes sence!

Mike.