[Sderby] Sunday

David Bottrill sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Mar 15 14:28:00 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 19:01, Mike Hemstock wrote:
> To those who plan to attend on Sunday,
>
> We are planning to do a demonstration of the Linux Terminal Server Project.
> Anyone who is planning to bring a machine, dig out the oldest piece of kit
> you can find, goto www.rom-o-matic.com and follow the instrutions for
> creating a boot floppy (or BootROM if you happen to have the kit.) and you
> can become a part of it!  You'll of course need a network card and some Cat5.
> Anyone who can bring a fast switch - we would be grateful.

Guys

If you want to download a boot image I would recommend version 5.1.3
www.rom-o-matic.com/5.1.3 I know this version works correctly I'm not so
sure about 5.0.8,9 or 5.1.7.

I will be bringing along a LTSP server running on an Athlon XP1800
processor with SuSE 8.1 and 1 or 2 lowish spec boxes without hard discs.
I will bring along a 10BaseT hub, but if anyone has a spare 100BaseT
switch the performance will be far snappier as thin-client computing
relies on sending small packets of data very often.

--
David Bottrill <david.bottrill@ntlworld.com>