[Sderby] NFS install of SUSE

James Carter sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat May 17 16:19:00 2003

Hi

I am trying to install SUSE on to a laptop.
I have downloaded all of the install files to my desktop.
I have placed the directory in my /etc/exports file.
nfs is running.
I have booted the laptop with the install CD.
I get as far as the laptop trying to mount the install directory and no
further.
Does anyone know what I am missing?

I can ping the laptop from the desktop.
I think the biggest clue that I have to my problem is that I am unable
to rlogin & telnet onto the desktop from other machines in my network.
(Connection refused), but I am able to do it internally on the desktop.
I have checked that there is not a firewall running on the desktop but I
don't know what else to check.

James