[Sderby] NFS install of SUSE

Mike Hemstock sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat May 17 20:02:00 2003

James,

Can you mount the nfs exports onto another machine on the network?  We need to
establish if the problem is with the client or the server.

I would recommend setting up nfs with the nfs server tool in YaST.  There is
another file to edit as well as /etc/exports.  I think it's /etc/hosts.allow.
Thought I don' think this is essential to getting nfs working, just securing
it.  YaST wil of couse edit all the necessary files and start nfsd.

Another thing to check out is the nfs howto from www.tldp.org, which is very
good.

Happy hunting,

Mike.