[Sderby] Networking

James Gibbon sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 27 23:53:00 2003

James Carter wrote:

> Some ISPs will let you read emails from any connection but you
> have to connect via them to send the e-mails. I can't remember
> which ones.  I guess you will have to try and find out.

Frankly - I don't see how (eg) virgin could possibly stop me
from sending mail with a virgin.net address in the From: header
from any ISP.  I haven't used any of virgin's mailservers to
send this mail.

They COULD however in theory prevent me from READING virgin.net
mail as I have to explicitly poll one of their mailservers
for that, so I think you may have it the wrong way round ..