[Sderby] Introductions & Donation Time?

David Bottrill david at bottrill.org
Sat Nov 1 01:23:09 GMT 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 13:41, Gary Jordan wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We have recently expanded our computer business to include an on-line shop.
> The shop is still being added to, and improved, but we can now supply
> various Linux Distributions on high quality 'Taiyo Yuden' CD-Rs, housed in
> single, double or quad jewel cases depending on the distribution. A number
> of official box/jewel case sets are available including Slackware 9.0
> (Slackware 9.1 and the 'Slackware Essential' book should be in early next
> week), SuSE Linux 9.0 Professional and the SuSE Linux 9.0 AMD64 version.
>
> Now for the fun bit......
>
> I have been reading this mail list for sometime, but unfortunately, not yet
> made it to a meeting! However, I know the level of interest and the level
> of help provided by you guys (and gals!!)
>
> So as a plug for our business, and to benefit the LUG I have a new copy of
> each of the following for the LUG library;
>
> SuSE Linux 9.0 Professional
> SuSE Linux 9.0 Professional AMD64 version
>
> These have arrived today and are brand new and still shrink wrapped! There
> is no catch - all I need to know is who controls the library and how to get
> them to you?
>
> Has anyone got a AMD64 system yet? We have two Opteron machines which I
> could bring along to a meeting if anyone wants a nosey!!!
>
> Hopefully I will put faces to the names soon! In the meantime enjoy SuSE
> Linux 9.0!
>
> Gary Jordan

Gary,

Welcome to the Lug ,I for one would dearly like to start playing with
Opterons, they are just a tad too expensive at the moment.  As I work in
Derby I'm sure I will be calling on your services for hardware and software
in the future.

Please feel free to pop along to any of our meeting, co-incidentally we have a
meeting this comming Sunday A few hardy souls also meet at the Babbington
Arms for a few drinks every Friday evening. The only rule is you have to eat
a double WeatherBurger with Bacon and Cheese and a Chocolate fudge cake!!
tonight was a first all six of us ordered the fudge cake :-)

We also meet on IRC most nights although Tueday is our main online meeting.

See you soon

David

--
David Bottrill