[Sderby] re:RH9 trouble

andy swindell a.swindell at btopenworld.com
Tue Nov 4 22:32:17 GMT 2003

Hi guys,
	as per my previous post, you will know that i received RH9 as a present
- tried it once and reverted to RH7.2, since then I have bought another
256mb for my box and tried again - at the same time bringing my 3D
Prophet 4500 card out of retirement. RH9 now runs fine, but I am having
alsorts of problems installing the Kyro drivers from powervr.com.
downloaded the i686 rpm OK and installed, but on the accompanying
instructions I am completely stuck on the XF86 configuration (or maybe
scared to death!!) - I have followed the "easy" instructions - but
either get no X on boot - or the system just hangs. This is no doubt
through pilot error.......hhheeeelllpppp!. stuck with VESA driver at the
moment (boring).