[Sderby] Help with using CDRW via Mandrake 9.1

James Gibbon james.gibbon at virgin.net
Sun Nov 23 19:53:21 GMT 2003

Tony Shaw wrote:

> Can anyone help me by letting me know just how I can write data to
> a CD-RW via Mandrake 9.1, as I have not anyware with it. I can
> write to a CD-ROM with out any problems but I can not seem to
> write to any CD-RW using my Mitsumi CD-4804TE. I presume that I
> have to some how set the CD-RW's to in some way create a file
> system on them, but I can not fiqure out just how.

If I understand you correctly, you can write to CDR, but not CDRW?
If so then the only possibility I can think of immediately is that
the CDRWs you are trying to write to aren't blank .. you should be
able to write to them exactly as you would a blank CDR.

What happens when you attempt to write to one?  Any error
messages?

This is how I blank a CDRW, to make it ready for writing:

cdrecord blank=fast dev="1,0,0"

.. the device specifier may vary in your case, of course.