[Sderby] Christmas

Mike Hemstock hemstock at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 22:37:01 GMT 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 22:16, claire wrote:
> Good evening gentlemen
>
> I have a little query.  Some weeks ago someone mentioned something about
> a Christmas 'do' for the Sderby LUG group and after much flurry on the
> list, all went quiet.  So exactly what are we doing boys? Suggestions on
> a postcard to the following address.........................
>
> Claire

The conclusion was that we are all Christening Simon's new flat by having a
LAN party.  He currently has a 24 port 10/100 switch and come tomorrow I too
will have a 24 port 10/100 switch (Linksys no less :-)  Depending on uplink
capability that means we will be able to support between 46 and 48 users,
probably well exceeding both the amount of floor space and 13A sockets!
Bring your six ways folks!

Along that theme, we need to decide an agenda, I for one will be a little
hacked off if we spend the entire night trying to install Quake 3 on
everyones boxen.

Mike.