[Sderby] Re: Contents ofSderby Digest, Vol 4, Issue 2

David Bottrill david at bottrill.org
Wed Oct 15 13:44:28 BST 2003

andy swindell said:

> No advice to give, just a quick note - you will all have seen my previous
> cry
> for help in finding yellowdog linux for ppc - just to say, never did find
> it,
> but i did find a really cheap Dell PC that is now home to Suse Linux 8.0
> (back in familiar territory) and goodbye to my mac (sob) :-)

Andy,

Sorry for not replying sooner, Yellow Dog ISO's can be downloaded from:

www.linuxiso.org

or direct from the Yellow Dog website http://www.yellowdoglinux.com

Alternatively SuSE have a PPC version of 7.3 to download, however this is
as a folder structure rather than an ISO image. There is a boot ISO
available so this should allow you to do an ftp install over the Internet.

However if you want to run a Unix-like operating system on a Mac you can't
really beat MAC OSX.

If you don't have broadband access I can download the ISOs for you however
it will take several days as NTL restricts my inbound bandwidth to 1GB per
day, with dire penalties if I go over.

Dave

--
David Bottrill