[Sderby] Re: Contents ofSderby Digest, Vol 4, Issue 2

David Bottrill david at bottrill.org
Wed Oct 15 21:47:34 BST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 14:26, Flash¹³ Egis-Minsky wrote:
> >If you don't have broadband access I can download the ISOs for you
> however
> >it will take several days as NTL restricts my inbound bandwidth to
> 1GB per
> >day, with dire penalties if I go over.
> >Dave
> Do they really?? they've never done it to me?
>
> i've only got 150k line tho, thats proberly it

Yes they do, they changed their terms and conditions about 6 months ago.
They only monitor you and if you exceed the limit for 3 days in any 14
day period they claim they will contact you with a view to re-aligning
you usage.

Rumour has it that the first person they did this too, they just
cancelled his account.

You should be OK it's more difficult to download 1GB/day with only 150K
with 600K it's a different story.

--
David Bottrill

Registered Linux user number 330730