[Sderby] SUSE 9.0

Ashley Heath ashley.heath at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 16 19:28:04 BST 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:24:08 +0100
"Glyn Harris" <glynharris at laser-rail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> 	Can anybody tell me if SUSE 9 gives 3D acceleration with ATI radeon 9000, I
> can't seem to get 3D acceleration with any distro that I have tried, even
> with the ATI drivers, it still says Direct Rendering: No, I just wanted to
> know if this card would work with SUSE 9 before I shelled out more money as
> I already bought 8.1 and this doesn't work.
>
> cheers
>
> Glyn

I'm not sure what version of xfree86 Suse 9.0 will use, but according to the xfree86 web site xfree86 4.30 support for ATI cards is as follows
"Accelerated support is provided for Mach64, Rage, Rage 128 and Radeon chips by the "ati" driver"

If Suse 9.0 doesn't support it out of the box you could always update Suse 8.1 or 9.0 to use xfree86 4.30 by downloading the Suse RPM's and give it a try, info can be found here http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/04/wessels_xfree.html

HTH
Ash