[Sderby] my *problem*......

claire claire at bootiful.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 23:34:08 BST 2003

........and by that I am limiting it to the inability to connect to the net guys;-) lol

Right been speaking to friend in Jersey about DNS problem. We have pinged known network IP's both as /root and /user with the response both times "network is unreachable".  My friend thinks the problem is with the DSL modem in that what he thinks is happening is that the pc is trying to use the network card (that networks mine and Siobhans pc's) to connect to the net and not the modem. When in Yast I notice there is a dsl modem installed (and configured correctly) but then in network devices there are two network cards installed - both configured indentically. Is this right? (without rebooting I can't recall what the cards are but will check next time I boot)

Anyone live near enough to me to come and have a look or any suggestions as to what to do next? (please help as I am very frustrated)

Thanks chaps

Claire