[Sderby] My CD Writer setting under Linux

My Freeserve tony at shaw5336.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 18:27:52 BST 2003

Hi Mandy

The information below is what you have asked me to provide, I hope it
will be off help you in trying to solve me set-up my CR Writer.

cdrecord -- scanbus outputs:

Cdrecord 1.11a32 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jorj
Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.

I am logged in as the root user and 'cdrecord -scanbus' out puts the
same as 'cdrecord --scanbus'

The CD writter works ok under Windows'98se correctly.

I am would like to Burn both Audio & Data CD's

I have set-up the CD writer as /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target1/lun0/cd under
the Linuxconf 1.28

Thank you.

P.S.
Sorry for the 'My Freeseerve' bit but I have 2 seperate e-mail accounts
and I get board with them saying just the account name all the time.