[Sderby] Potts

Mark Chall sderby at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 3 21:29:00 2003

Hello,
  I'd better introduce myself,:  I'm Mark, and I work on control systems and
Simulations of  gas turbines (FORTRAN C C++ Matlab perl).    I'm running
Mandrake 8.1 at the moment and got a debian dvd from the linux emporium
recently.  I use Solaris 2.5 at work (some VAX VMS too).  I write my scripts
in perl these days so I can migrate them.

Do the pc's from Potts have an OS installed?

Unfortunately a course I have just signed up for requires that I use Windows
2000 or XP and M$ DON'T APPEAR TO DO STUDENT LICENCES ANYMORE.
I might get away with using Mozilla + SVG plug-in plus open babel but I'll
have to fix up a fall back and the thought of paying M$ £80 or £125 grates.
Otherwise I was considering buying a new base unit from either TAB or Goliath
in Derby for £200 to £300.