[Sderby] Mailman has been updated

David Jolley dave at lucien.cx
Fri Sep 26 14:01:21 BST 2003

Dominic Knight wrote:

>The list handling software for this maillist has been updated. One of
>the new features is for foreign language support, I think this
>allows users to view and send messages in their native language and
>then converts them back and forth for other users,  (I may be wrong
>here), Anyway, if we have any people who require this service, let
>me know your preferred language and I will attempt to add it later
>today.

My reading of the mailman docs (I run a couple of mailing lists using
mailman) gives me the impression that it's only the user's web-admin
pages that are translatable into different languages on a per-user
basis, it seems to me that the mailing list postings will be
untranslated from the language they were written in.

Just to dash everyone's hopes :(

Cheers,

Dave.

--
Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat.