[Sderby] What Fun Linux is - 2

Barry Woodward barrywoodward at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 12 19:48:01 BST 2004

I must deny responsibility for the amusing diversion into the intellectual
debate on Acronyms versus Jargon.  I agree wholeheartedly with the many
common sense comments, but return to my original point:

That the installation sequence is not the place to discover unexplained
jargon.

Further, some people enjoy experimenting with new hardware/software (I do)
and in the process discover many acronyms or jargon to be deciphered.  I
agree that is part of the fun.  AFTER I have successfully completed the
installation.  How, for example, can you search Google if your computer
installation is not completed?

I showed the replies to my University classmates.  The comment about muppets
downloading pawn produced unexpected reactions.  The males all blushed and
looked guilty.  The females asked me to tell you that they are well past the
"downloading porn" stage and are now uploading it.