[Sderby] suse 8.2 pro crashing

L Wright leigh1 at foggyfans.com
Tue Feb 24 07:23:31 GMT 2004

Hi
I have had a look at the VAR/LOG/WARN file and the same warnings seem to
occur prior to a crash. These are:
linux modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module fb1
linux modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module fb2
linux kernel:mtrr: 0xc0000000, 0x4000000 overlaps existing
0xc0000000,0xc2000000

usually the following isn't too far away either:
linux kernel I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0

I haven't got a clue what these mean other than perhaps a memory / drive
problem? Could anyone help me with this one please?
Thanks
P.S The system is completely stable under Windows XP.